The holidays are filling the air with the beautiful winter and aromas filling the homes this season.
This year, why not keep track of your oral care by using these five helpful tips. These tips will navigate you through the holiday season so you know what foods to avoid, so you can keep your smile healthy and beautiful this holiday season.
These five foods to avoid include:
1. Hard candy: Hard candy keeps the sugar in your mouth and close to your teeth. The constant sugar in your teeth can cause cavities.
2. Ice: Chewing ice is hard on your teeth’s enamel. The ice can break the outer layer of the tooth away, which can cause your tooth to break or chip.
3. Citrus foods: Citrus foods create a high amount of acid in your mouth, which can eat away your tooth enamel and increase tooth decay over time.
4. Sticky foods: Sticky foods are extremely dangerous to your teeth because the sugar stays on your teeth, which gives the sugar a higher chance at eating away your teeth.
5. Sodas and sports drinks: In sodas and sports drinks alike, sugar is a top ingredient. Sugar will quickly decay your teeth. The constant exposure to the sugar in your drinks is extremely unhealthy to your smile.
By avoiding these five foods, you will be able to keep your smile clean and healthy all season long. If you still have any questions about your oral health, please contact our office. Your dentist will be able to address any concerns you have pertaining to your oral care. So, call us today and schedule an appointment. Let us give you a smile you can truly love this holiday season.